Thank you for choosing KEM products.
All of our products and parts are manufactured in accordance with each product's specifications and are shipped after passing our inspection under strict control.
Repair and maintenance is carried out by our trained personnel; however, in the event that a defect or failure occurs during the warranty period due to our fault, we will replace or repair the product at no cost to the customer.
Warranty and servicing information
Warranty and servicing information
Thank you for choosing KEM products.
Warranty period, limitation of warranty scope
1. Unless otherwise agreed between the customer and our company or our distributors in the specifications or contract, the warranty period for the product shall be one (1) year from the date the customer has received the product or the date our authorized service personnel has completed installation of the product.
2. The warranty period for the service parts required for a periodic check shall be three (3) months from the completion of the check.
3. The warranty period for the repair parts or the consumable parts sold by us shall be three (3) months from the date the customer has received the parts.
4. The warranty service shall be carried out at our option either by way of repair or replacement of the defective product/parts.
5. The warranty may be rendered void if the life of the product has been affected by the environment, conditions or excessive frequency of use, or if the instrument has been damaged through improper use.
6. In the event of a failure during the warranty period, contact your distributor with the warranty card. Note that you will be charged for repair if the warranty card is not attached or if the date of purchase cannot be identified.
7. The warranty period for the repaired or replaced part shall run for three (3) months from the completion of repair or replacement of the part, or for the remainder of the initial warranty period of the product to which the repaired or replaced part is mounted, whichever is longer.
* Contact your distributor for queries about servicing after the warranty period.
Limitation of warranty scope
Even during the warranty period, this warranty does not apply to defects or failure that has occurred as a result of any of the following, and you will be charged for repair:
1. Parts are replaced, or the product is repaired or altered by anyone other than KEM personnel or our authorized personnel (e.g. yourself or an unauthorized third party);
2. Service parts or consumable parts - not specified by KEM - are used;
3. You do not adhere to the operating environment, usage, maintenance or storage guidelines as described in the operation manual or maintenance instructions. The warranty may also be voided in the event that failure or malfunction occurs due to usage outside of the scope or conditions specified in the product brochure or specifications, including but not limited to the following:
1) Breakage or failure due to careless handling such as dropping or submersion;
2) Breakage or failure due to excessive force applied to glassware or resin;
3) Malfunction or a leak caused by a sample's properties (corrosiveness, solid material, etc.);
4) Failure caused through the use of instruments, parts, chemicals, etc. that are not noted as being compatible with the instrument in question;
5) Fatigue or wear of parts due to excessive use;
6) Battery leakage.
4. Mandatory check or maintenance is not performed;
5. Transfer or transportation after delivery or installation;
6. Fire, earthquake, lightning strike, floods or other natural disasters.
In addition, repair, check and warranty will immediately lapse if the specification or function of the product or parts is modified or altered by unauthorized personnel.
* This warranty does not limit your legal rights.
Supply of repair parts
1. After a product has been discontinued, parts for it will be available for purchase for seven (7) years in principle, and repair services will be provided. This will not apply to products we do not make such as personal computers, etc.
Note, however, that in the event that repair parts cannot be procured and no alternatives are available, such repair parts may not be supplied even before seven years have passed.
2. Replacement parts that require adjustment, tuning or checking by KEM personnel or KEM-authorized professionals will not be purchasable individually/standalone. Please make sure to request replacement service work when placing an order with your distributor for such parts.
3. This warranty does not apply to defects or failure that has occurred as a result of part replacement work being carried out by yourself, even if using parts purchased from us.
Warranty period, repair support period
1. Under normal use and proper storage, repair or maintenance of the product is supported for ten (10) years after being manufactured. (This period may become shorter depending on conditions of use or storage.) In consideration of the following, however, performance after repair or maintenance shall not be guaranteed:
1) Difficulty in procuring the same level of parts as the initial delivery due to production discontinuation or improvement of parts;
2) Decrease in accuracy due to product’s life;
3) Limitations of maintenance due to increase in costs for equipment maintenance;
4) Obsolescence in technology or functionality.
2. Repairs are not offered for a product after fifteen (15) years have elapsed following its manufacture as it can be difficult to maintain performance after this period of time.
* In the event that the same defect in the part is discovered or otherwise the same type of failure in operation occurs within three (3) months of a paid repair servicing (the repair support period), another repair service will be provided free of charge.
Limitation for repair and replacement
We may refuse to provide repairs in the following cases:
1. If the type of problem is both suspected to be particularly rare in the field and cannot be reproduced through our diagnostic process (including temperature and humidity tests, vibration test, etc.) at the time of your repair request, we may opt to just carry out checking, adjustment and/or calibration as is, which will be charged.
2. The product is found to be severely damaged.
3. When a checking or repair service is requested to occur on an instrument installed in a hazardous environment, KEM may decline based on concerns for employee safety.
Regardless of whether within the warranty period or not, we are not responsible for damage caused by any factor not attributable to us; your loss of opportunity and/or profits due to a malfunction or failure of our product; as well as, with or without our foresight, damage or secondary damage caused by particular circumstances; accident compensation; compensation for damage to products other than ours and for other services.
We are not responsible, either, for any physical or economic damage derived from the use of our products, or for the loss of stored data during the repair work of products.
Request to customers
In order to enable us to provide you with a smooth and reliable repair service, we would like you to remember the following:
1. To please provide us with any information that will help us diagnose and carry out repairs, such as details on how you use the product, the environment of use, specifics on the nature of the failure or defect including data and/or documents and anything else that may be helpful.
2. To please provide a safe working environment for our service personnel and where necessary allow them to use equipment and facilities (tables, chairs, AC power, etc.) during the on-site servicing at the customer’s location.
3. That we may have to use consumables (batteries, recording paper, reagents, etc.) belonging to the customer in the course of on-site product repair.
4．To keep the “warranty card” safe and readily available for the duration of your product’s warranty to assist in warranty claims. This may be especially important if a product has been purchased from stock that has been stored for a long time as part of the distribution process.
5．That periodic inspections and calibrations performed on an instrument after its warranty period has expired, are not for the purpose of guaranteeing the equivalent performance of its in-warranty period. Rather, they are carried out to verify the soundness of the product at the time of inspection.